Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ahhhhh.... thats better.

I have just returned from the hairdressers. A much needed pampering! I was starting to become the re-growth queen!!! I feel soooo much better.

Last night was the fourth installment of the Sheree Mcgee classes - beginners classes. Now im not a beginner scrapbooker but i thought i would join for fun and who knows i might learn something new........ Every lesson I have learnt something new! It has just been fantastic and ive really really been enjoying the 'chats' with the other ladies in the classroom. If you havent done an online class before you should! even though there is only 2 lessons left you can still join and still have access the classes that we have previously done. And guess what?! It's FREE! How generous is that of Maria! There is of course the option of buying the kit which is really really great and has every product you will need to complete all six lessons. You can check out the class here.
I have not yet mastered the art of linking. Lou did help me out but i couldn't work out how to do it that would just have a word instead of the entire link. Like above, how would i just get it to say -here- and highlighted purple instead of the entire thing. Or if i wanted to link to someones blog i would just want to put there name hightlighted. Do you get what i mean? Can someone help me out?

I saw some amazing little christmas tags on the Anna's craft cupboard blog. Fran made the with her cuttlebug red tag sale alpha die (just the tag die) and scalloped the bottom with the fiskars threading water punch and the just look great. I will take a photo of them and post them later. They turned out so cute and im going to add all the kids names to them for their chrissy prezzies. Do you make your own tags or just buy them? I have always bought them but this year iv made my own and it feels good!

(i dont know why this is underlined - i don't know how i done it and cant seem to undo it - still working this blogging thing out)

I do want to leave you with all four of the layouts i done for the classes. As they go i will add the layouts at a later date.
Silly blogger (must be a man) put all my layouts here in the wrong order that i selected them in. Maybe its me and should i do it backwards next time??!!!

This is from the class last night -lesson 4. We had a super tallanted guest teacher too you can probably guess who it was by the signature stitching!!! Yes it was Leeann Pearce - so very full of knowledge and such a laugh too! This is not at all my style of scrapping - but i am there to learn so i done everything in the class. Its rather full on looking for me but I love it and had a ball stitching and ripping! Thanks girls.



This was lesson 3 stamping. I love stamping and have a small collection -bit of an understatement...... it was layering you stamping. Such fun and again i learnt something i would never have tried. And it turned out pretty darn alright! It is a photo of two very cute kids. Cohen and my eldest neice Jessica - she is such a loving stunning girl!





lesson 2 was distressing and inking. I knew all about distressing and inking the edges but had a blast during this. Is a photo of cohens teny tiny foot when he was a week old. Sock fluff and all!!! I sill after all this time scrapbooking ink and distress my pages. A great technique that i will always use over and over.


Lesson 1 was introducing scrapbooking. just the basics - matting your photo and a journal spot. simple and easy. I decided to do this photo of my sister and I when I was one. Its a typical 70's photo very yellow. I tried to fix the quality of the shot but i just decied to do it in its orriginal form. I added my own flavour to this class.

Well that was a rather loooong post. Congrats if you got through it all!

I do have a little something to share and im ITCHING to get started with but i will have to save it for a future blog episode. I have a six yr old boy who just got off the school bus and wants to tell me all about swimming lessons at school!

thankyou for stopping by! Lisa xx

3 comments:

jo said...

Those LO's are lovely (as usual) isn't it funny how you can still pick up something new. If you want to link highlight just one word then go to 'add link' & then paste the URL in the space, this should put the link on the highlighted word, hope this helps, I'm still learning too!

Louise said...

LOL sorry but you will figure out soon, I did :)x

Especially Liiiike the 'stitched' LO!

:)x

Leanne said...

These are gorgeous Lisa! Check out my blog for your award!